Monday, February 11, 2013

Let The Pain Do Its Work

So, you've inventoried your relationships, and found that you were trying to help one or more unhelpable people. Maybe even a close family member, spouse or other loved one. Now what? You might be wondering, "Then how can I help them? I can't just do nothing!" I agree. Love is actually an action not a feeling. If our love is genuine, then it should be demonstrated with actions. Here is my follow up video to help you with the next step:



So.... loving means allowing the ones we love to feel the natural consequences of their choices. (So that the discomfort or pain can motivate them to reconsider those choices!) Rememeber: you can choose to do something about your pain even if no one else in your life does.

Please don't ignore those dashboard lights... I did that for too long. The pit was only deeper and darker when I finally decided to climb out. Maybe you've already been ignoring those pain signals for so long, you think, "Why bother?" If that's you, I say: Never Never Never give up! It's NEVER too late to choose life!

Remember this: You always have options. You may not like any of them, but you always have options. Choose to take care of YOU and others who really want to change will eventually follow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers